Choosing The Right Property
I specialise in selling residential property in the inner southern suburbs, in particular, Annerley and surrounding suburbs. Having lived in Annerley on the border of Annerley& Dutton Park for the last 23 years I have a good working knowledge of Brisbane’s inner southside and would be happy to help you find your ideal property.
I usually advise buyers to try to find a 8 out of 10 fit (8:10) as you will never find the “perfect” 10 out of 10 property. Also make up a list of features you want including non-negotiable & negotiable features.
When you are looking for the right home to purchase there are a number of key factors that you will need to consider:
What Can You Afford?
- what is the amount the bank/lending organisation will give you
- what is your budget
- what side of town do you want to live in
- how far from the city do you want to live
- which suburbs do you prefer
- what suburbs can you afford to buy in
- are they close to where you work
- is there transportation to work
- what schools are close by
- are shops & parks handy
- what other amenities are close by
Style & Size of Home/Townhouse/Unit
- what is the style of the property – Queenslander, Post-War, Brick & Tile, Contemporary, etc.
- how many bedrooms & bathrooms does it have. Can you add an extra bedroom or ensuite easily
- are the living areas separate or open plan
- does it have a deck or outdoor living area(s)
- is there car accommodation…lock-up, remote?
- does it have a yard. How big?
- is the landscaping low maintenance
- is it fenced
- can you have pets (units/townhouses)
- how much room is there for storage
- how old is it
- how much maintenance does it need
- is there potential for improving the property
Would You be Happy to Live Here
- how do you feel in the house
- what are the neighbours like
- are the neighbours owner occupier or renters
- is it a good neighbourhood